Labels for Education
® Grand Stand for Schools Sweepstakes
SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AGES 13 & OLDER
US LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Labels for Education® Grand Stand for Schools Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on 7/1/14 & ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 12/31/14 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia 13 years of age or older at time of entry. Participants do not enter as individuals, rather each must enter on behalf of a Labels for Education program (“LFE”) eligible school or organization. In order to receive a Prize, the school or organization named on the entry or Order Form must be located within the 50 United States or District of Columbia and meet the eligibility requirements of and be registered in the LFE program for the 2014-2015 school year. For LFE eligibility, please see the 2014-2015 LFE program rules (“LFE Rules”) available at www.labelsforeducation.com (“LFE Website”) or via mail upon request at 1-800-424-5331. Sweepstakes void in Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and outside the 50 US/DC, including APO/FPOs outside of the 50 US/DC, and where otherwise taxed or prohibited. Sponsor, Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, parent companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and other individuals/entities engaged in the development, production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials, as well as the officers, directors and employees of each (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of the Sweepstakes Entities’ immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and household members (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter your school or organization in this Sweepstakes. 1) Enter via LFE Order and Banking Form (“Order Form”): This entry method is only open to LFE coordinators (“Coordinators”). Individual participants may give LFE participating product UPCs and/or Beverage/Sauce Caps (“UPCs and/or Beverage Caps”) to Coordinators for entry. If you are interested in becoming a Coordinator, to find out who your school or organization’s Coordinator is, and/or see a list of participating products, visit the LFE Website. Coordinators may enter the UPCs and/or Beverage/Sauce caps by submitting them with an Order Form designated by “GRAND STAND” written on the upper right hand corner in the offer code section during the Sweepstakes Period. Submission of an Order Form with the “GRAND STAND” designation acknowledges Coordinator’s acceptance of these Official Rules. Order Forms received that do not contain the designation “GRAND STAND” as set forth herein will not be eligible for the Sweepstakes; however, the LFE points will be banked into your school or organization’s account for the purposes of redemption for LFE catalog merchandise. Each UPC and/or Beverage/Sauce cap submitted by the Coordinator will be one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for the school/organization designated. Entries will be calculated on the total number of individual UPCs/Beverage/Sauce caps, not face point value (Example: a UPC with a face value of five (5) LFE points will count as one (1) Sweepstakes entry and five (5) points will be deposited into the school’s bank account for the purposes of redemption for LFE catalog merchandise). Bonus Certificates and deposits made via the
eLabels for Education program are NOT eligible for this Sweepstakes. For banking of LFE points, please make sure to also follow the LFE banking instructions and 2014-2015 submission Preparation Instructions for deposits, available at the LFE Website or via mail upon request at 1-800-424-5331. Only eligible submissions made during the Sweepstakes Period as described in these Official Rules may qualify as entries into the Sweepstakes. Submissions must be postmarked by 12/31/14 and received by 1/15/15 to be eligible for the Sweepstakes.
2) Enter via the LFE Website: This entry method is open to any eligible individual who wishes to submit an entry on behalf of an LFE eligible school or organization. For LFE eligibility, please see the LFE Rules available at the LFE Website or via mail upon request at 1-800-424-5331. You may visit www.labelsforeducation.com\sweeps (“Sweepstakes Website”) at any time during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the online instructions to enter the Sweepstakes. First time entrants must first complete each required information field on the registration pages, including their email address, first and last name, and address. Returning entrants may enter just their registered email address. Each first time and/or returning entrant will then have to select a school name from the list of registered LFE schools/organizations in the drop down menu or fill in a school’s name in the field provided. Once you have read and agreed to the Official Rules, click “Submit” to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, subject to eligibility. If you wish to register your school/organization for the LFE program, click Enroll Now from the navigation bar on the LFE Website and follow the instructions to register or call 1-800-424-5331. All entries must be submitted within the Sweepstakes Period. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as a 24 hour period beginning at 12:00:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET. Administrator’s computer will be the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes. You may enter multiple times per day; however, each entrant may only enter with one email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules and the LFE Rules, as applicable, are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries that are mechanically reproduced or copied, illegible, incomplete, late or inaccurate are void. Robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Online entries made with multiple e-mail addresses or otherwise under multiple identities will be deemed invalid. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and/or school/organization (and related entries) who violates these Official Rules, the LFE Rules, as applicable, or interferes with this Sweepstakes in any manner, as well as terminate further participation in the Sweepstakes. Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the participant and which school/organization should be attributed such entry, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the participant and the school/organization selected by such participant shall be attributed to the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. Prizes/Odds: One Thousand (1,000) grants of one thousand dollars ($1,000) each will be awarded to each school/organization associated with a winning entry selected in a random drawing conducted by Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., an independent judging organization (the “Administrator”), from among all eligible entries on or about 1/22/15. Prizes to be awarded in the form of a check to winning school/organization approximately 6-8 weeks after the random drawing. Individual participants and Coordinators entering this Sweepstakes participate on behalf of a school and do not win prizes or receive notification that their school/organization has won a Prize. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is one thousand dollars ($1,000). Total Prize ARV is one million dollars ($1,000,000). Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. One Prize per school/organization. If a school/organization is selected but not eligible, an alternate winner will be selected. All prizes will be awarded provided there are a sufficient number of entries. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prize. All applicable taxes on the Prize, if any, and any other costs not specifically stated herein are responsibility of the winning school/organization – for tax exempt school/organizations, please see Rule 5 below for submission of appropriate exemption documentation.
5. Prize Notification and Verification: Potential Prize winning school/organizations will be notified by mail sent to the address and/or email associated with its LFE registration. Confirmation of winning is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules and LFE Rules, as applicable. A duly authorized official representing the potential prize winning school/organization will be required to execute and return to Administrator an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and where legal, publicity release on behalf of the winning school. If required by Sponsor, each participant and Coordinator (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agrees to execute and return to Administrator similar documentation. School/organization may also need to provide documentation acceptable to Sponsor stating that it is tax exempt pursuant to IRC Sec 501(c)(3) or other documentation required by Sponsor. Failure to return any or all documents as specified, a prize or prize notification being returned as undeliverable, or potential winner not complying with any term of these Official Rules and/or the LFE Rules, as applicable, may result in disqualification, the prize being forfeited and Sponsor having no further obligation. An alternate winning school/organization will be randomly selected until all prizes are awarded provided there a sufficient number of eligible entries.
6. Conditions of Participation: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the LFE Rules, as applicable, and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final. By accepting a prize, the authorized official consents to the use of the school/organization’s name, image, likeness, photograph, and description for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or a party designated by the Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all US federal, state, and local laws. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and the LFE Rules, the terms of these Official Rules shall govern this Sweepstakes with respect to that particular conflict.
As a condition of entering, each participant (or its parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) and its designated school/organization agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing) to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all claims, actions, liability, injury, loss or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, arising from or incurred with respect to this Sweepstakes, including the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded or participation in Sweepstakes- and/or prize-related activity.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT (OR ITS PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF AN ELIGIBLE MINOR) AND ITS DESIGNATED SCHOOL/ORGANIZATION AGREES THAT (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW): (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (C) NO PARTICIPANT WILL BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, INJUNCTIVE, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL.
8. Additional Terms:
The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind (human or technical), lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes Website. Sponsor may prohibit a participant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sweepstakes Entities.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Disputes: Governing Law: The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New Jersey, City of Camden.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the City of Camden in the State of New Jersey. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
10. Winners List: A list of the winning schools will be published on the Sweepstakes Website after 2/24/15.
Sponsor: Campbell Soup Company, One Campbell Place, Camden, NJ 08103.
Administrator: Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., 1105 8th St. SE, Grand Rapids, MN 55744